Hot glue wrapped candy canes to match the pattern of the star shown in the picture. Hot glue candy cane stars to each joint and add ribbon. These make nice gifts and look great hanging in a window around Christmas time. This is a basic pattern – keep adding and make it larger or try a different pattern – this is like making a snowflake cut out – the possibilities are endless.
Make your favorite cupcake recipe and let cool. Make using printed cupcake paper for more festive look but isn’t totally necessary. Use ice cream waffle cone and spread green icing on cone (this will allow a little more goof proof covering – if you are an expert icer then skip that step) pipe green icing in small stars until covered and set aside until you have all done. Spread liberal amount of white icing on top of cupcake and stick the tree down into icing to make it stay in place. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve at party.
Fly the nation’s colors on the Fourth with this jaunty string of stars. For each ornament, cut a four-pointed star from solid-color card stock and two from patterned origami paper. Use a glue stick to sandwich the card-stock star between the decorative ones, right sides facing out; stagger the tips to create an eight-pointed star. Machine-stitch through one axis of a big red star; sew 4 inches beyond its tip, or lift foot and pull out 4 inches of thread, then pick up again at the tip of a blue star. Repeat, alternating between colors.
- Craft Sticks
- Ceramcoat® Acrylic Paint – Azure Blue
- Ceramcoat® Acrylic Paint – Caribbean Blue
- Creatology™ Chenille Stem – White Iridescent
- 3M® Scotch Tape
- Crayola® Blunt Tip Scissors
- Craft Smart® Paint Brush
- Craft Smart® All Purpose Glue
- Paper Towels
- Paper Plate
- Jewelry Essentials™ Sequins
- Paint 3 craft sticks-Azure Blue, let dry, and glue together to form a triangle. Let dry.
- Paint 3 craft sticks-Caribbean Blue, let dry, and glue together to form a 2nd triangle. Let dry.
- Glue triangles together as shown to form the Star of David. Let dry.
- Glue sequins to each corner. Let dry.
- Cut and glue a looped piece of chenille to the backside of star as a hanger. Let dry.