- Clay – Hot Pink
- Clay – Red Hot Red
- Clay – Violet
- Clay – White
- Oven (for adult use only)
- Teardrop – Start with a ball of clay and then taper it on one end with your fingers.
- Coil – Roll a lump of clay until it’s long and skinny.
- Create Shapes: Ball – Take a lump of clay and roll it in your palms until its smooth.
- Roll a lump of clay until it’s long and skinny.
Cut off 1/4 of the White and set it aside for later. Shape the rest of the White into a large smooth ball.
- Flatten the White ball into a disk about 3″ wide. Smooth out any bumps with your finger.
- Roll Hot Pink into a long skinny coil. Flatten the coil as you press it into place on top of the White disk making the criss-cross pattern you need to play Tic Tac Toe. Press some more of the Hot Pink coil around the outside of the White disk.
- Take eight tiny pinches of Red Hot Red and shape them into teardrops. Flatten these into heart shapes on the game board by pressing two teardrops side by side with the points down.
- Make 5 balls with Red Hot Red and 5 balls with Violet. The balls should be as wide as a dime. Flatten the balls into playing pieces. Use White to decorate the Red Hot Red pieces with X’s. Put a tiny White ball in the center of each Violet piece to make O’s.
- Adults only- Bake all the pieces and the game board in the oven at 275 °F for 15 minutes. Don’t handle any of the pieces until they are completely cool.