These are relatively simple and basic amounts of colored icing can be used. These would work at a wedding shower, rehearsal dinner or as little take homes for the guests when they leave your service. The tux lapels were done in fondue here but you could easily create this in delicious butter cream.
Use clear disposable cups. Use diapers/receiving blankets and fold so the top of the blanket will come over the edge. Notice how the one side of the top is higher than the other – play with the fabric when rolling and tuck to give desired luck. Wrap cup with a ribbon and attack embellishment. Top with a pompom to look like a cherry. These can be used at a baby shower for decorations or used as name cards at a table. They then can be presented to the mommy/daddy to be to take home a use. Heck, you could even use this as a party game for your guests.
Blow up balloons and with a needle and thick thread thread them together to make a balloon garland. This is very cheap and a great way to add a lot of color to a party. You can use thread but would be more secure if you used embroidery thread. Mix and match colors for your theme to go with the colors of a school for graduation or just go random for a birthday party. This can be something done at the last minute as well as you can get everything you need and have it ready to go.
There are two ways to do this:
1: Hang shower curtain rings from a clothes hanger and hang scarves through the shower curtain ring
2: Use white tape and make shower curtain rings as seen in the bottom row of the picture above taping each meeting to clothes hanger or shower curtain ring.
Rings can be found at a dollar store!
2. Soothe a sore throat; use 1 tsp of vinegar per glass of water, then gargle.
3. Fight dandruff; after shampooing, rinse hair with vinegar and 2 cups of warm water.
4. Remove warts; apply daily a 50/50 solution of cider vinegar and glycerin until they’re gone.
5. Cure an upset stomach; drink 2 tsp apple cider vinegar in one cup of water.
6. Polish chrome.
7. Keep boiled eggs from cracking; add 2 tbsp to water before boiling.
8. Clean deposits from fish tanks.
9. Remove urine stains from carpet.
10. Keep fleas off dogs; add a little vinegar to the dog’s drinking water.
11. Keep car windows from frosting up; use a solution of 3 oz. vinegar to 1 oz. water.
12. Clean dentures; soak overnight in vinegar and then brush.
13. Get rid of lint in clothes; add 0.5 cup vinegar to rinse cycle.
14. Remove grease from suede.
15. Kill grass on sidewalks and driveways.
16. Make wool blankets softer; add 2 cups distilled vinegar to rinse cycle.
17. Remove skunk odor from a dog; rub fur with full strength vinegar and rinse.
18. Freshen wilted vegetables; soak them in 1 tbsp vinegar and a cup of water.
19. Dissolve mineral deposits in drip coffee makers.
20. Deodorize drains; pour a cup down the drain once a week, let sit for 30 minutes, then rinse.
21. Use as a replacement for a lemon; 0.25 tsp vinegar substitutes for 1 tsp of lemon juice.
22. Make rice fluffier; add 1 tsp of vinegar to water when it boils.
23. Prevent grease build-up in ovens; wipe oven with cleaning rag soaked in distilled vinegar and water.
24. Kill germs; mix a 50-50 solution of vinegar and water in a spray bottle.
25. Clean a clogged shower head.; pour vinegar into a zip-lock bag and gang it around the shower head. let it soak overnight to remove any mineral deposits.
26. Shine patent leather.
27. Remove the smell from laundry that has been left in the washer too long; pour 1 cup of vinegar in with the load and rewash it.
28. Make propane lantern wicks burn longer/brighter; soak them in vinegar for 3 hours, let dry.
29. Act as an an air freshener.
30. Soften paint brushes; soak in hot vinegar then rinse with soapy water.
31. Remove bumper stickers and decals; simply cover them with vinegar-soaked cloth for several minutes.
32. Prolong the life of fresh-cut flowers; use 2 tbsp of vinegar and 3 tbsp of sugar per quart of warm water
33. Prevent Mildew; Wipe down shower walls with a vinegar solution.
34. Soften calloused feet; soak your feet in a mixture 50/50 mixture of vinegar and water for 30 minutes then scrub them with a pumice stone. The dead skin should slough off easily.
35. Treat Acne; start with a solution of organic apple cider vinegar and water at a ration of 1:8, apply the toner to blemishes and leave on a minimum of 2 minutes.