Go overboard with red, white and blue for your table settings – and do so on a budget. Use canning jars or mix and match vases and jars from thrift stores and make a simple arrangement like these that have real red, white and blue blossoms in them with darkly tinted water to really pull your eyes into the arrangement. Don’t forget to mix up red, white and blue plates, bowls, napkins and table cloths. As pictured use edible red white and blue as well – this looks great and everyone will want a taste at the same time.
- Creatology™ Chenille Stem
- Foam Stickers – Shapes of Choice
- Craft Smart® Paint Brush
- Wooden Egg
- FolkArt® Acrylic Paint – Titanium White
- Aleene’s “Tacky” Glue®
- Disposable Plate for Paint Palette
- Recycled Newspaper (to protect work surface)
- Cover the work surface with newspaper. Paint the egg with Titanium White. Let dry.
- Fold a chenille stem in half to find the center. Add a drop of glue to the center of the chenille stem and press onto the bottom center of the egg. Tightly stretch both sides of the stem around the egg and twist at the top. Repeat this step with another chenille stem on the opposite side of the first stem.
- Twist both chenille stems at the top of the egg to form hanger.
- Embellish each section of the egg with foam stickers as desired.