Your Home, Alone?
Don’t let crooks steal your holiday cheer.
Plan to travel this winter? Make sure you’re not an easy mark for thieves. To deter break-ins:
• Ask a neighbor you trust to check on your home while you’re away.
• Stop newspaper and mail deliveries.
• Lock all windows and doors, including those in your garage and basement.
• Ask someone to shovel snow, if needed, during your absence.
• Use timers on exterior and interior lights and radios to make your house appear occupied.
• Put away tools and ladders — no need to help the bad guys break in.
• Advise your security company of your plans.
• Don’t “tweet” that you’re traveling.