Home is a place where we spend our whole live, so it needs to be beautifully decorated by beautiful flooring. Choosing floor design is a tough task as every home has different elements to see so you will require different floor design for every different home. Nowadays people look to create beautiful homes using various innovations and the introduction of modern-day art and technology in their homes. The most pivotal of them is the flooring. Custom floor designs have become the latest trend in the renovation sector where people from all around the world look to renovate their flooring with various materials rather the traditional method of mortar and bricks.
To Start Off, We Would Say There Are So Many Floor Designs You Can opt from –
- Wooden flooring in different hues
- Carpeted floorings
- Ceramic tile floorings
- Marble floorings
- Bamboo floorings
- Wooden Hardwood floorings inhues of light, medium and dark hues have been the most custom floor design in demand. Modern day homes are generally a blend of traditional furniture with modern amenities. Hardwood wooden floorings generally match up really well with such colonial yet modern era homes. Wooden floorings with the correct hue to compliment the color on the walls help make a home look beautiful and luxurious.
Cost of Hardwood flooring varies from $3 for an unfinished oak to $12 for exotic varieties of wood per square feet.
Advantages – Easy maintenance and cleaning; the Resale value of the home increases
Disadvantage – Costly installation; higher price value of raw materials
- Carpeting or Carpet flooringsis one of the favorite choices among custom floor designs for most homeowners. Floorings come in a wide variety of hues, textures, and patterns. Homeowners generally opt for end-to-end carpeting or carpet flooring. Carpeting provides a warm and homely feeling to the houses and adds a very welcoming tint to the house.
Advantages – Easy vacuuming; Soundproof
Disadvantages – Not stain free; prone to allergies
- Ceramic tile flooring is the most convenient and durable choice for homeowners when it comes to custom floor designs. You can choose ceramic tiles flooring when you would want dust free, allergy free and water-resistant flooring. Ceramic flooring comes in glazed as well as matte finish depending on the quality of the ceramic tiles used.
Advantages – Easy Maintenance and durability
Disadvantages – Considerably high price; tiles are easy to crack when misused
- Marble Flooringsamong custom floor designs offer a luxurious feeling to the homes. You can opt for Marble floorings if you wish to make your home look elegant, vibrant and luxurious. Marble these days comes in wide colors and can emit the natural aura of the house it is installed in.
Advantages – Unmatched beauty and luxury; increases resale value
Disadvantages – High maintenance; prone to cracks; hard to create a set match
- Bamboo flooringis a very unconventional choice of custom floor design you can opt for. Bamboo flooring can provide a contemporary feel to the homes. It provides a feeling of the colonial era since good quality bamboo is as durable as hardwood
Advantages – Eco-friendly
Disadvantages – may be unsuitable for humid climates; non-resistant to water
Well now that you know what are various forms and varieties of custom floor designs you can opt for, why wait? Quickly rush to your nearest home renovation contractor and get yourself a quotation of the flooring you would love to do for your dream home. Building your own house is a dream and such beautiful and elegant custom floor designs make your dream a bit closer to reality.