If your house has a large bay window or a large window area with a nice view you should consider setting up a window sill cushion seat. Window seats add comfort to a room and can be cozy and inviting areas to read a book work on a computer or just relax and take a nap. If you have a view of a garden, a lake or even just a panoramic view of the city that can make your window seat even more comfortable and inviting.
There are a lot of designs patterns that you can use when setting up a window seat. Perhaps the most often used design is one where cushions or pillow are set on a window sill. This kind of design is comfortable and easy to put together. Other design ideas include setting benches next to the window and setting cushions on top of the benches.
Storage bins with storage areas
If you have to build a window seat you might consider building a bench with storage bins beneath the sitting area. A storage bin beneath the sitting area of a window seat can be a great place to store great books or a computer in case you use them while sitting in your window seat. Whatever design that you decide upon a window seat will be a great addition to your home and it will definitely bring out the beauty of the room.
As you can see having a window seat add life to a house or apartment. The window seat in this picture is the same color as the paint scheme of the room. However, window seats can be designed and painted to contrast the rooms color or to match the area outside of the window. Window seats do not have to be outfitted with long cushions; they can also be outfitted with just pillows or with multiple cushions. There is no limit to the number of design schemes that can be used when designing a window seat.
In addition to window benches, there are other design styles such as window seats with storage areas or window nooks with furniture. Many people just set benches or a couch under there windows. A window seat can be a large area with room for several people, or a small area just big enough for one person, where it can be a perfect place for an individual to enjoy peace and solitude.
In some cases, a person might consider replacing their windows and putting in new energy efficient windows. Many people put a heating unit under their window seat. When done right, a window seat can be energy efficient and add value to your home as well as beauty. If you feel that your home or apartment is too small, a window seat is a great way to make your dwelling feel and look bigger.
In some cases, it can make your dwelling feel as if a room had been added. Just do whatever’s necessary to make your home feel comfortable. Window seat areas are excellent in living areas, dining rooms, and sun rooms; they’re relaxing and rejuvenating especially when they’re manufactured from designer fabric online.
There are a lot of reasons why a beautifully designed window seat will make your home more comfortable. First of all, you’ll be creating a comfortable environment for you and your guests; and second, you’ll b enjoying every centimeter. Because you’ve worked the hardest to transform your home into a sofa-type ambiance where you can read, take a nap, or mediate.
Doormats are the first item of décor guests see when stepping into your home. They’re usually placed outside or inside, right at the entrance. A good door mat is not just meant to beautify your home, but also to protect it from dirt and harmful bacteria from people’s feet. They’re like the best line of defense for debris and grime. It is important to invest in top-quality doormats, and as much as we like a cool design, make sure to consider durability first.
Choose with your brain not with your heart
Before buying that funky, animal-inspired door mat you just saw at the flea market, assess the material. Visually it looks amazing; it’s interesting, unusual and modern. However, can it trap dirt and debris efficiently? Winter is coming soon, so you should be aware that people’s shoes will be dirtier than ever. That being said, you are advised to check for door mats manufactured from the following materials:
- Coir – it is both attractive and durable thanks to the dense coco material at the base. Clean is done fairly easy through vacuuming or shaking
- Aluminum – features protective powder coatings which act like a powerful shield against the elements; highly durable, available in shades of copper, black and silver and comes with wide patterns for efficient draining
- Rubber – comes in black, which means it can be placed anywhere; highly durable yet soft and efficient
- Mahogany – stylish, durable appearance
Now that you know how to pick the best material for a doormat, it’s time to focus on design. There are hundreds of mats out there that it can be tough to make a decision. Before making a choice, take a good look at your home’s hallway décor. Is it modern, vintage-inspired, contemporary? Do you want to make an impression on your guests? Here are some ideas to help you get inspired.
- Monogrammed doormat – featuring the most intricate design, a monogrammed doormat is excellent for houses with a royal appeal. If you’re a fan of fancy architecture and Victorian décor concepts, than this is something you need to have at the entrance. It is striking, appealing and it will surely create a visual appeal. The monogram displayed will let people know that you have a refined taste for luxury, sophisticated things.
- Theme doormat – winter is coming and soon enough the holiday spirit will enter our homes. That being said, you should invest in a doormat with a Christmas theme. Go for mats with funny Santas, trees or snow flakes and everyone knocking on your door will sense that you’re a warm person who loves winter.
- Funny messages – do you have a really developed sense of humor and you’d like everyone to know about it? Well then a “Go Away” coir mat might be exactly what your entryway needs. Of course, there are sarcastic messages you can opt for such “Leave”, “Bag Dog”, “Nice Underwear”, and more. With this type of mat you will definitely manage to put a smile on your guests ‘faces.
Doormats are fundamental items of décor in all homes. They come in a wealth of types, sizes and shapes; so it shouldn’t be that difficult to make a choice. Whether you’re hunting the market for large building mats or you have a weakness for the cute, funky ones, the choices are endless. Just make sure to invest in quality. Size matters too; people should be able to accommodate both feet on the mat. Make a sensible choice and don’t forget about style either. Your home will look amazing and everyone will be eager to pay you a visit.
What a great way to upcycle a wooden pallet and have a great decoration for outside. The design is meant to be a bit rustic so this project is mistake friendly. After cutting the tree you will need three 2 x 4’s that are three feet in length and one that is three feet and four inches. Cut one of these in half. The 2 x 4 that has the end pointing to you in the last photo is where we will start and this is the longest board cut. Attach two smallest pieces to each side as shown. You then need to attach the two 2 x 4’s that are three feet in length going up. Then attack to the pallet. Have fun with the paint job – the options are limitless. Here we attached white lights with green cord across but you don’t have to have lights at all. The trunk could be painted brown if you like. Pretty durable and depending on the paining you do the design could fit into anyone’s home design.
Originally posted on The Gingerbread Village:
Save each of the five images above. Print on 8.5″ x 11″ paper borderless. Do this by selecting the image one at a time and click print. Options should come up: uncheck option to fit in frame and select 8.5′ x 11′ borderless and print. These will give you uniform pattern. To make it slightly small you can check the 8.5′ x 11′ with border. This plan can have moderate changes made by decoration to make it a church, house, post office or school.