Got to be one of the simplest ways to create a really cool Halloween decoration. Add water to a jar half way. Submerge an old Halloween mask and arrange to make it look as real as possible. Here we used an old lady mask but don’t be afraid to use those demon and monster faces as well. Then fill with water carefully all the way to the ridge. Let sit undisturbed for about an hour to release and air. You can add a tea bag to get a dirty water effect – just don’t make it too dark. Several of these placed on a shelf or table with candles would be really neat.
- Felt Sheet – Black
- Foam Stickers – Alphabet
- Felt Sheet – Yellow
- Creatology™ Wiggle Eyes
- Ribbon of Choice
- Crayola® Pointed Scissors
- Aleene’s “Tacky” Glue®
- Felt Sheet – Purple
- Felt Sheet – White
- Cut an 8-inch x 12-inch rectangle from black felt. Cut a 7½-inch x 12-inch rectangle from purple felt and fringe the long sides, as shown. (Note: to fringe, make small cuts along the edge of the felt.) Glue the purple rectangle centered on the black rectangle.
- Glue the letters to the sign to spell “Spooks Welcome” or other message of choice.
- Use a pencil to draw a ghost onto white felt, a circle onto yellow felt and a bat onto black felt. (Note: Be creative! There is no right or wrong way to draw these figures.) Cut out. Glue the ghost and yellow moon to the sign. Glue the bat to the moon.
- Cut the desired length of ribbon for a hanger and glue to the back of the sign. Tie a piece of ribbon into a shoestring bow and glue to the ghost for a bow tie.