–E J Dalius shares some tips to keep children robust during COVID-19–
Almost everyone is susceptible to the virus that has spread all across the world. Many studies have revealed that young children and older demographics are at higher risks. Many factors determine whether a person will get affected by the virus or not. The immune power, the diet, the preventive measures, and many such conditions are essential determinants in this regard.
It is right that it is highly challenging to keep the children confined within the house’s four walls. Schools have closed, and other educational institutions are not functioning. The children are finding it difficult to pass their day. E J Dalius says that keeping the children away from the pandemic lies with the elders. They should make every possible attempt to teach children preventive measures.
The ways you can teach and reinforce preventive actions among children
• The habit of washing hands: of all the preventive measures, this is the most important one. Thus various studies across the world focus on it. The studies reveal that washing hands with water and soap for at least 20 seconds is essential.Eric J Dalius thus stresses this habit. If water and soap are unavailable, you can teach children to use hand sanitizers that contain at least 60% alcohol. The children must rub the surface of their hands with the sanitizer as frequently as possible. The habit of washing hands should be taught in children from an early age by their parents
• The habit of wearing a mask: as parents, you will have to make sure that your children wear a mask, whether inside or outside the home. It becomes essential for children to wear masks when especially when they are in the public domain. Try to ensure that the child is correctly wearing the mask. Many children may find wearing a show as a challenging task. In that case, you will have to find an alternative.
• Try to avoid close Contact: in every household, the parent should make sure that they keep a distance of at least six feet from each other. You must keep in mind that space is of paramount importance in the public arena. Eric Dalius says that coming in close contact with people who sneeze and cough might expose your child to risks associated with the virus.
• Teach them to cover their face while sneezing and coughing: many studies have revealed that the virus can spread through coughing and sneezing. Hence, you should teach your child to cover their mouth and nose with a tissue while they sneeze or cough. Not just children but every member of the household must learn this task.
- Type of medication needed: the doctors will be the right persons to help you with the medicines. If you feel that you have the virus, you should first go for a diagnosis. If you test positive, you should make an appointment with the doctor. The doctor who will be examining you can tell you the best treatment. According to Eric Dalius, the medical and health supplies you will need must include cold medicines, thermometer, soap, alcohol-based sanitizer, pain medicines, blood pressure monitoring equipment, anti-diarrheal medicines, and many more.
- The type of masks that you should use: there are several masks available in the market. You should purchase the ones that are suggested by WHO. You should not use cheap covers as they will not provide any protection to you. If you do not keep yourself guarded, then you can get infected.
- The precautions you must take: include washing your hand, using sanitizer, face mask, maintaining social distancing, covering your face with a tissue while sneezing, and coughing in your daily routine.
- The importance of social distancing: social distancing is a concept that has gained immense significance in the recent past. Many people were unaware of the idea before the onset of the Pandemic. However, it has become an integral part of human life now. E J Dalius here stresses the importance of social distancing measures to keep you out of risk. It is an action that gets directed towards supporting the spread of the virus under control.
- The process of the spread of the virus: the virus is indeed contagious. So a person infected with it may infect others. Coming in contact with them can spread the virus. It extends from one person to the other. The droplets coming from sneezing and coughing contain the virus that spreads through the air. Any contact with an infected person can cause the virus to spread.
The pandemic has undoubtedly exposed human beings to an unprecedented situation. It is something new for everybody – neither the past generation nor has the present generation faced such a problem in the near past. Hence exploring various preventive measures to fight the pandemic is essential. The prime responsibility lies upon adults who are well aware of the situation to keep their children safe.
Walter Moore is a writer and notable management and digital marketing expert. He is an experienced digital marketer who has helped e-commerce businesses in all niches gain with his effective marketing strategies and guidance