Recommended Packing Supplies
Here’s what you’ll need to protect your items while they travel to your new home:
- Moving boxes: Boxes come in all shapes and sizes, including some designed to make moving specific items easier (like wardrobe boxes, lamp boxes, TV boxes and dish pack boxes). We recommend choosing a moving kit that includes an assortment of boxes to accommodate the various items in your home.
- Packing paper: These large sheets of plain paper are perfect for rolling and wrapping your items to protect them during the move. And here’s a pro tip—line your boxes with crushed packing paper to provide extra cushioning for the contents.
- Moving blankets: Choose from three different blanket styles to protect your items from scratches and dust while you’re moving. And when the move is over, you’ll be surprised how many uses you’ll find for them around the house (as a picnic blanket or pet blanket, in your car emergency kit, and more).
- Mattress covers and furniture covers: Keep furniture and mattresses clean and dry during transit with protective plastic covers.
- Stretch wrap: For items that won’t pack easily in a moving box (or just don’t fit), stretch wrap will do the job. Use it to bundle large items together (like bedrails) or to keep small items in place in their container.
- Packing tape: This one is pretty self-explanatory—tape up your moving boxes well to avoid a fallout!