How to Pack Living Room Furniture and Decor
- Wrap wall hangings with furniture pads or use mirror boxes for those pieces. Pack flat items like framed art or mirrors on their edges (standing up).
- Wrap individual home décor pieces in packing paper and pack several items together in a box. See how to pack picture frames, knickknacks, and other decorative items in more detail with our how-to video.
- Use the nesting method for lamp shades and pack several in a box at once, or use specialty lamp boxes for taller lamps. Watch how to pack a lamp in this tutorial.
- Watch our videos to learn how to pack CDs, DVDs, and video games, along with how to pack books and other entertainment collections.
- Use the original box to pack your computer, printer, or other electronics if you have them. Our step-by-step guide to packing a computer and electronics will show you how to handle the cords and accessories.