- 1 toilet tissue roll
- snapper (available at craft stores)
- any small favours you wish to add
- an 8 x 10″ piece of crepe paper
- 2 pieces of 8 x 5″ crepe paper
- decorative trimmings
- transparent tape
- decorative string
- Centre the toilet tissue roll lengthwise along the 10″ side of the 8 x 10″ piece of crepe paper. Wrap the crepe paper around the roll, securing it with 1 or 2 pieces of transparent tape. (The tape can be attached to the underside of the crepe paper so that it does not show.)
- Insert snapper and favours (e.g. paper party hats, candies, nuts, riddles, trinkets, etc.) into the roll. The ends of the snapper should extend beyond the ends of the cracker.
- Tie each end of cracker with string.
- To make fringe, take an 8 x 5″ piece of crepe paper and fold in half lengthwise. Cut 1″ deep slashes about _” apart along unfolded edges. Repeat with second piece of 8 x 5″ crepe paper.
- Take about 12″ of decorative string (gold, silver, etc.) and place along inside fold of fringe. Gather and tie around end of cracker, over first tie. Repeat with other end, using second fringe. Ends of fringes may be curled gently.
- Decorative trims, lace, ribbons, glitter, etc. may be used to decorate the body of the cracker.