There are multiple ways by which you can experiment with your kitchen by giving it a completely new look. These hacks need not be the expensive ones always. Most common place things can be used to beautify your kitchen too. Whether you are looking for revamping your kitchen in bits and pieces or for a complete overhaul of the entire kitchen, the following hacks are an evergreen remedy for all your projects.
1. Lighting- this is the most important aspect of your kitchen. Where natural light is a boon in any corner of the house, increasing the amount of natural light in your kitchen should the first step in your renovation plan. Kitchen window and door panes should be painted in the lightest of colors, white if possible. Reflective glasses can be used to increase the incoming natural light. Besides, artificial lighting is also a very important element. Dim light kitchens do not give a cleaner look as compared to the brighter ones. Lighting can be added to shelves, hidden cabinets or even sink. Ceiling lights can be plain minimalist panel lights or hung using pulley and jute suspensions to give a rustic look.
2. Colors- kitchens can be as brightly colored with neon or as lightly colored with pastels, both work great. You can make the cabinets brightly colored pairing up with light pastels. This gives a spacious look to otherwise smaller kitchen areas. Insides of the cabinets can be pasted with wallpapers for classic bakery looks. Or if the least effort is needed then just doing the knobs of the kitchen with a bright color does the magic.
3. Plants- having a small kitchen garden is like a boon for the entire household. Not only does it give you fresh organic greens for your various dishes, but also is aesthetically appealing. Indoor plants and trees purify the air inside and give nice fragrance too. If there isn’t enough space in the kitchen then you can have a mini garden on a tray, but if the effort to maintain the garden seems too much to you then artificial boxwood shrubs, faux silk plants and faux hedges can be your best friends.
4. Pictures- with only one well-decorated wall in the kitchen can bring the entire focus to it. You can use a big scenery, multiple smaller pictures, fancy mirrors or even empty frames.
5. Decorative- small sculptures and decorative items can be strategically placed at window sills and open shelves for added beauty. Metal and wood sculptures are great for the purpose and so are the homemade papier mache, POP and white cement ones.
6. Fragrance- a great smelling kitchen not only lifts up your mood but also is reflected in your cooking. Pines cones, potpourri or incense sticks with the help of essential oils can work wonders. An even greater hack will be to place a bonsai citrus plant in the kitchen which solves many purposes.
7. Metal finish- this comes in handy if you are tired of cleaning your kitchen again and again and still feel that it’s not enough, wallpapers require a monthly change or the painting requires a semi-annual revamp which is costing too much on your pocket. Going for an all-metal finish for your kitchen is best when you want a clean kitchen with minimal effort. Wiping dirt off the metal surface is any day easier than from wooden or stone slabs and shelves.
8. Technology- technology can jazz up your time in the kitchen. A small radio or music system can be incorporated in the kitchen for a healthy mood and cooking. If you are going for a bigger budget then a complete Wi-Fi enabled appliance system. This reduces the workload up to 30%.
9. Shelves- open shelves are used to proudly showcase your fancy crockery. Open shelves are also a great combination with colorful utensils and brick backsplash. Open shelves are also multipurpose. Hooks can be attached to the edges of the shelves to put cups, pans and clothes. Hook shelves for pans over a wall are great space savers.
10. Flooring- a pretty rug in between the hall can totally renovate the entire look of the kitchen without any other change. The rug can also be placed under your microwave or under the most cherished flowerpot. For a bigger project, wood pattern tiles can be used for the rustic look. Different patterns can be made with a combination of tiles. Or, complete bold colored tiled flooring is used for adding a dash of life. Tiles are a better choice over other options due to their easy to clean property.
11. Surprise backsplash- to give a spacious look to the kitchen is to use a mirrored backsplash. Mirrors give a hint of double the space and are the easiest to clean too. Mirror work can be done along the entire rack and self-space. It also doubles the colors in your kitchen. You can also just redo your backsplash with paint, wallpaper and metallic tiles.
12. Detachable frames- these are the best hacks for a small space kitchen. Foldable dining and chopping tables space a lot of space. You can also opt for detachable chopping sink board. If you lack space for a center table in the kitchen then you can go for cabinet removable table also. This table can also be your own little dining table in the kitchen area.
13. Dividers- intelligent dividers between your kitchen and living area can be used where the concept of an open kitchen is in place. Such dividers are good for preserving your privacy as well as can come in handy for your hook racks too. If nothing else, then fancy dividers can the aesthetic makeover for the kitchen.
Heres a great website that offers a great product to transform your walls. Gypsum3D tiles give your walls an immaculate, timeless appeal with dramatic sculpted depth that installs in a snap. Many design choices to match your current or new style and they install in a very short time.