How to Pack Up Your Bed and Bath
- Move dressers with the contents still in drawers to avoid packing and unpacking again. Pack linens and towels from the closet in boxes.
- Keep valuable or sentimental jewelry with you as you travel to your new home. For everyday pieces or extra baubles, try these jewelry packing methods.
- Makeup can be fragile, so follow our makeup packing tutorial for tips and tricks to protect palettes and delicate bottles from damage.
- Stow shoes in the bottom of your wardrobe boxes or follow the ‘burrito method’ for another way to pack shoes.
- Group most-played-with toys together to make unpacking easier. Pack toys in boxes and use plenty of crushed packing paper to keep them from shifting around inside the box during transit.
- Baby gear should be wrapped in padded paper or moving blankets if it’s bulky and won’t fit in a box. Check out our best tips for moving baby items like strollers, bouncers, and more.
- Keep daily medications and toiletries with you as you travel to your new home. Bring enough for a few extra days as a precaution, then carefully pack medicines and toiletries that you use less often in a small box.