Posts Tagged Baking and Confections
Mix them together by hand until moist. Be sure not to over stir. Bake in a 9×13 cake pan at 350 degrees until golden brown on the top (about 20 minutes). Cool completely before eating. As they are cooling, you can sprinkle with powder sugar if you wish .They have more of an angel food cake texture than a traditional lemon bar texture. For extra little kick – add shaved chocolate to the top before serving.
I made these for the family last night —- they were gone with me having 1 piece – and that was a corner. urgh
1-2-3 Cake. I love this idea!!!
You need two boxes of cake mix. One can be any flavor you prefer, but the other MUST be Angel Food cake mix. Mix them together (shake them in a big bowl). Then simply store the mixture in an airtight container until you get the urge for dessert. Then just put three Tbsp. of the dry mixture in a big coffee mug and stir in 2 Tbsp of water. Microwave it for one minute and you will have a single serving of cake! Top with fruit, ice cream, whipped cream or whatever! Awesome for those of us who want something sweet every now without making an entire cake!!!
A box of Angel Food Cake mix (just the contents of the box, no need to follow the directions on the box), and combine it with a 20 ounce can of crushed pineapple in its own juice. (No need to use a mixer, just stir it by hand) When you do this, something magical happens. The mixture starts to froth and it turns into an amazingly airy, fluffy bowl of deliciousness right before your eyes. Once it’s all mixed up, simply pour it into a 9 x 13 baking dish and bake it at 350 for 30 minutes
3 powdered sugar doughnuts (graduated sizes from 2 to 3 inches if possible)
1 powdered sugar doughnut hole or mini doughnut
5 mini chocolate chips
1 orange-mint Tic Tac
1 piece (10 to 12 inches) “fruit by the
2 pretzel sticks
1 starlight mint
On a small plate, stack the three doughnuts to form body of snowman.
Place doughnut hole on top for head.
Add chocolate chip buttons and eyes and an orange-mint nose.
Make 1-in. cuts on both ends of the fruit roll to form scarf fringe; wrap scarf around neck.
Press a gumdrop onto each pretzel to form mittens; press pretzel arms into body.
Top with a hat made from a mint and a gumdrop.
Yield: 1 snowman
The Country Register Of Southern Nevada
Posted by Jeffrey Scott Thomas in Craft Projects, Dessert, Easter, Edible, Father's Day, Floral Arrangememnts, Food, Fourth Of July, Gifts, Halloween, Holiday, Kwanzaa, Memorial Day, Mother's Day, New years, Parties, Party, Party, Recipes, Snack, St Patricks Day, Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving, Valentines Day on April 17, 2012
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 8 straight-sided wide-mouth pint canning jars with lids and rings
- Prepare the cake according to package instructions, or use any cake recipe.
- In pint size, straight-sided wide-mouth jars, put 1 cup of batter in each greased jar. Make sure to keep the rims of the jars clean. Put in preheated oven 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place jars on a cookie sheet to keep from tipping over while baking.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean.
- While they are baking, have your jar lids boiling in a pan of water. When the cake is done, take one jar out at a time and add the hot lid and screw on your jar ring and let set and cool.
- It will seal as it cools. Place the jars on the counter and listen for them to ‘ping’ as they seal. If you miss the ‘ping’, wait until they are completely cool and press on the top of the lid. If it doesn’t move at all, it’s sealed.
- After it cools it will pull away from the jar and when you are ready to eat, open and pop out the cake and enjoy.
- Unsealed jars should be stored in the refrigerator and eaten within 2 weeks. Sealed jars may be stored in a freezer.
Icing: If sending this to a loved one include a small amount of icing in a can. If you give this to someone in person you can top the jar with icing right before you give it to them.
If mailing these wrap securely with bubble wrap!
When giving as a gift, top with a ten inch square fabric tied on with a ribbon and tag. You can also attach a little baggie with sprinkles, chocolate chips etc.